Health Plan Accreditation
The AAAHC Health Plan Accreditation program, recognized nationally by numerous federal and state regulatory agencies and divisions for more than 35 years, indicates that the accredited organization upholds industry standards and best practices by undergoing a rigorous, peer-based, onsite review to assess:
- Network Adequacy - Patients have access to quality, evidence-based, medical and behavioral care and services
- Quality of the Provider Network - A formal provider credentialing program is in place and appropriate Utilization Management principles and guidelines are implemented
- Quality Improvement (QI) - The surveyed organization is fully engaged in continuous quality improvement efforts, promotes the delivery of safe, quality care to patients, and incorporates patient and provider feedback and satisfaction into QI programs and initiatives
- Patient Rights & Responsibilities are upheld, including privacy and confidentiality
- Patients have a voice through a proper complaint and appeal process
- Communication to members, providers, and patients is accurate, inclusive, and supports the diversity of all involved
- Patients' medical and behavioral health needs are met by use of Health Risk Assessments, Care Coordination, Population Health and Disease Management Programs, and Health Education information and tools
For more information contact:
|Tom Tassone, Director, Business Development
NOTE: Organizations downloading the Application for Survey must also download the Business Associate Agreement for HIPAA compliance purposes.
For help or additional information, contact Tom Tassone.