2018-2019 Innovations in Quality Improvement-Finalists
On behalf of the AAAHC Institute for Quality Improvement, AAAHC would like to thank all organizations that submitted studies for the 2018-2019 Bernard A. Kershner Innovations in Quality Improvement Award program.
It takes considerable persistence to develop, implement, and demonstrate a successful and measurable quality improvement program. We appreciate the time you have taken to describe your program and share the results of your study. This is fully aligned with the spirit and intent of the award program.
Noted below are the 6 finalists (3 from Surgical/Procedural & 3 from Primary Care) for the 2018-2019 program.
- Single Dose Anesthesia Medications: Correction Administration and Narcotic Documentation -- The Knoxville Ophthalmology ASC
- Post-Operative Pain Reduction Quality Study: Pre-Operative Administration of Acetaminophen -- CSA Surgical Center
- ASC Overall Cleanliness -- Laser Spine Surgery Center of Tampa
- Antibiotic Stewardship for Acute Bronchitis -- University Health Services, Princeton University
- Retinopathy Exams for Diabetic Patients -- Lac Courte Oreilles Community Health Center
- Caries Risk Assessment Quality Improvement Study -- American Dental Partners/Forward Dental